by Christine on July 16th, 2010
filed under General Information
I awoke this morning will full intentions of posting a “Christine Answers Frequently Asked Questions about the Gastric Banding Surgery” (look for that post later this afternoon), but I was so pleasantly surprised to find a message that Patrick from Responsibility 199 had given me a blog award! How wonderful! Thank you Patrick, I’m honored! I’ve only started my blog in April, and I’m so pleased to have been given two blog awards and have 37 wonderful friends following me. Thank you!
Rules, the rules for the award are as follows:
1. Thank the person giving the award
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 newly discovered blogs.
4. Let your nominees know about the award.
So let me play by the rules now…
2. Seven things you didn’t know about me. Yikes, okay this is hard. Let me see…
- I spent two weeks backpacking through Ireland…all by myself. Ireland really isn’t all that scary of a place, but it was a little intimidating to be a little 20 year old “farm girl” wandering the international world by myself! During those two weeks I accidentally bumped into Nelson Mandella at Trinity College and offered to buy him a beer. (He politely declined.) I wandered down to Cork and discovered that every hotel in town was sold out for a conference, so I ended up sleeping on the front step of a church that night. Another night I was in a bed & breakfast near Blarney and hitchhiked (a car with two women) my way to the Dingle area. I figure: if I can sleep on church steps and hitch-hike, I can pretty much conquer anything that comes my way!
- One of my idols is George RR Martin. He is a brilliant fantasy writer of the “Songs of Fire and Ice” series. I discovered that he was coming to town for a Fantasy Convention. I had to meet him! I didn’t have the money for the admin ticket, so I contacted the programming board and discovered that if I volunteered I could get in for free. As my volunteer help, I wrote and designed a Restaurant Guide (which turned out really cool if I do say so myself.) When I met George RR Martin I was all shy and idiotic, and I was flabbergasted when he said, “Hey, I’ve read something YOU wrote! That restaurant guide was pretty neat!” My idol read something I wrote?? Amazing.
- I have a fuzzy long-haired calico cat named Arya. She’s really spectacular: she goes for walks with us heels the whole way. She rides in canoes with us (she doesn’t mind water). She plays the piano when I open the keyboard for her. Not just walking on the keys — like actually sitting in the seat and playing with her front paws. Pretty strange, but she’s awesome.
- I like to drink Red Bull in the morning instead of coffee.
- When I got my Master’s Degree, I did so at an Ivy League college. And I graduated with a solid 4.0. I graduated with my masters in a year and a half.
- If I could live anywhere in the word, it would be England. When I arrived in England the first time, I was hit with such an overwhelming feeling that this is where I belong, that I sat down on the airport steps and cried for a half an hour.
- I drink my skim milk with ice. Always.
3. Nominate 15 newly discovered blogs. (Click the names for links to the blogs!)
- Debi, from “Hawaii-Bound Bandster” (Gastric banding blog)
- Jenny, from “The Hungry Girl’s Diary” (Gastric banding blog)
- Rebecca, from “The Eagle’s Aerie” (A brilliant travel blog)
- JAFG, from “Just Another Fat Girl” (Weight-loss blog)
- Bonnie, from “Banded and Proud of it!” (Gastric banding blog)
- Kristin from “Catchy Title Here” (Gastric banding blog)
- Adam, from “The Healthy Boy” (Weight Loss and healthy living blog)
- LJ, from “LJ and the Sunshine Band” (Gastric banding blog)
- Linda, from “Linda’s Bandwidth” (Gastric banding blog)
- Diane, from “Fit to the Finish” (Weight Loss blog)
- Heather, from “Heather’s Banded Journey” (Gastric banding blog)
- Rachel, from “Randomness with Rachel” (everyday blog)
- Traci, from “Traci’s Treasures” (Weight loss blog)
- Sarah, from “Losing Weight, Gaining Tons” (Weight loss blog)
By the way, I was totally going to nominate Allan from “Almost Gastric Bypass,” (LINK HERE) but I see Patrick beat me to it!
4. Let your nominees know! I’m on my way to do that right now!
Thank you again Patrick! I’m honored to be recognized by you!