by Christine on February 6th, 2012
filed under General Information
I made the yummiest soup yesterday! So good! So here’s my recipe:
- 1 can of red/pink beans (360 calories)
- 1/2 an onion (23 calories)
- I used ham stock, but you can use chicken or beef stock, maybe 1 can or so? (60)
- Garlic, maybe 2 cloves worth (9 calories)
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced (33 calories)
- Random spices: 2 packets of Sazon Seasoning, cilantro, pepper, chili powder, basil
- 2 dashes of lime juice
Combine everything in a pan on the stove. Top with some light sour cream (136).
The whole thing is 621calories, and I ate about 1/3 of it, for just over 200 calories. Delicious!
Did everyone have fun watching the superbowl? We had about 15 friends come over to watch the game, and everyone brought food to share. I skipped all the cheesy/beany/sour creamy dips, chips, pizza, wings and instead had a few fresh veggie slices, a little bit of my homemade soup, and a cupcake. My weight is up today, no doubt due to the salt in the Sazon seasoning…it’ll go back down soon, I’m sure!